Our Family Traditions
Some of our strongest memories are created through simple routines that are done regularly, whether daily, weekly, monthly, seasonally or yearly. I want my children's memories to be happy and grounded in our values and interests. Below are traditions we are developing as a family.
- Family Huddle (daily)
- Year-round Tree Decorating (seasonal)
- Special hand signs (anytime): Hi Fly! wave, Monarch Heart silent love sign
- Visiting the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens (monthly)
- Visiting the Richmond Zoo (monthly)
- Attend a Fall Festival (yearly)
On Oct. 31, we celebrate Reformation Day, when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of Wittenburg Church in 1517.
- Watch a video about Martin Luther's life
- Torchlighters Martin Luther Story Age 5+